Friday, October 3, 2008

26 week update

26 week update….
Sorry, it’s been awhile… I had my 24 week appointment two weeks ago and everything looked good. I had to do that sugar test, but I haven’t heard anything back yet, so we assume everything is okay. I had gained 4 more lbs. in 4 weeks, which is right on track, so I’ve gained 15 total so far!!

I am 26 weeks today, only 14 to go. Kinda exciting and kinda scary. Eli took a picture of me in the studio at work at 24 weeks, that’s the one posted in the gray shirt. And the other pictures are me today at 26 weeks! My mom and I went to motherhood maternity today and bought some long-sleeved shirts that are really cute. Motherhood maternity is like the Learner NY for pregnant people, yay!!!

Rob has been busy working, he was doing Les Mis at the Fox and next week he starts on Wicked. I now want to go see Wicked, thanks to Laura Jean for playing the soundtrack today!!! So while he was working, my mom and I put together the crib and changing table. Once the nursery is complete we will post pictures of it… lol, that might be awhile tho!! The crib is really nice looking – thanks to mom and dad for that. And we got our bedding, mom had bought some when Liam was visiting, and she let us have it – it’s animals, really cute! We’ve registered for extra stuff like window covers and pictures at target that go along with the bedding.


Funny Story ab Tally…
I think we are going to have a problem with Talladega being jealous! When we were putting together the crib, he was on top of us, trying to sit in my lap the whole time. Then he wanted to play under the crib. Then, the next day I heard him barking and whining like crazy, and I thought someone was at the door. But he was in the baby’s room with his paws on the crib, trying to get up in it (which he obviously couldn’t reach bc it’s too high up). So, I picked him up and put him in it so he could see and sniff around and he went crazy – smelling every blanket, digging under the covers, going in circles… after a few minutes of this, he lays on his back like it’s his bed, then he turned over and laid down with his head hanging off the side… it was the cutest ever (I’ve posted a picture of this too). I was worried that he might think it was his now, but I think he got the picture that it’s for the baby, bc he hasn’t gone back into the room since he discovered what was in there – he’s been a good boy!



Rob’s family…
Most of you probably already know, but incase you don’t, Rob’s grandpa passed away last week, so we had to fly to Dallas for the funeral. It was a short, crazy trip, traveling back and forth from Lufkin, to the funeral, and back to Dallas, but we were really glad to go and spend some time with his family, especially his dad. It pretty neat, everyone knew we were pregnant with a boy... we picked the name Austin Thomas because.. well, Austin, we just really liked! And Thomas is named after Rob's middle name, who was named after his grandpa's middle name (the one that just passed). So it's really neat that we will get to remember him through our baby. I really enjoyed getting to spend a lot of time with Angela, I hate being so far apart, she’s the closest thing I have to a sister! Rob got to spend a lot of time with his dad, which was great for both of them. Too bad Dallas and Atlanta are so far apart :(

One day soon I’ll post pictures of our house, just haven’t gotten around to it, sorry! Our anniversary is coming up in just a few weeks – we can’t believe its already been a year (lol, and sometimes we can’t believe only a year!) We are going to Gatlinburg for our anniversary, we are very excited!

Ooh, I was doing my homework the other day and I thought I saw my stomach move when the baby kicked… but then I would sit and watch it for 5 minutes and he wouldn’t move. So of course as soon as I looked away he kicked again… I think he thinks it’s a fun game. So then, this past weekend, Rob had his hand on my belly and he felt it kick for the first time, and he kicked pretty hard – it was really neat!!! Taylor was actually the first one too feel him, though – she was putting her hand on my belly and he kicked for her :) He went crazy on the airplane when we took off and landed – I don’t think he liked it very much and it made me sick – yuck.

We are still looking for a church, we are trying to buckle down and settle on one, we want our family to grow up in a good church family! We will keep you updated on what we find. I’ve also got my 28 week appointment in 2 weeks, and then after that I’ll have appts. Every 2 weeks --- booo. We also have my cousin, Thomas’, wedding in Charleston the last weekend in October, so we have a lot coming up this month! Then no more traveling for us until after the baby is born.

Well, I hope this gets everyone up-to-date (Bethy and Mom!!). And beth- thanks for posting the video, I’ve watched it like 3 times, Liam is so big and cute, I might have cried a little the first time I watched. :)

PS – I’ve also posted a picture from our St. Thomas trip in June, it’s us on the catamaran ride, the best part of the trip other than snorkeling!! – to see more of all of these pictures go to www.picasaweb.google.com/laurae.williamson










No comments: